Beauty. Fashion. Lifestyle

Hello there, I'm back with the third and the final installment of my A/W lipstick collection, as you already know all the lipsticks use...

A/W lipstick collection : Purple/ Plum Edition (Part 3)

Hello there, I'm back with the third and the final installment of my A/W lipstick collection, as you already know all the lipsticks used in this series are all from the drugstore. I love drugstore lips products simply because they're so affordable and if you know where to look you can find some really wonderful gems in there that can rival high end lipsticks!



However, I know how overwhelming it can be scavenging for a lipstick in the mountains and mountains of products that are released every single day. That's where I come in! In this post i'm highlighting a few of  the lipsticks in the purples/ plum colours that I've tried and give you guys the inside scoop on it! If you guys want to check out the same post but for reds and pinks, the links are provided below :
Pinks
Reds

Without further due, let's jump right into!

1. Wet & Wild Megalast Lip Colour in Sugar Plum Fairy (908)


This is a beautiful  warm-toned plum color, that finishes matte and it feels great on the lips too, not too drying. However it is a bit dry upon application, I sort of  feel like I have to drag the product across my lips when I'm applying it. I tried applying lip balm underneath this lipstick it did help to make it apply smoother although applying lip balm underneath altered the color of the lipstick slightly (at least in pictures). I have to say that I hate the packaging with a passion, it's so flimsy and the top plastic cover does not grip very well, so it tends to open on its own in my makeup bag, which is a big no-no!



Price : RM16
Where can you get it : Colours Cosmetics Malaysia (http://www.colourscosmeticsmalaysia.com/)

2. Maybelline Lip Polish in Glam 6



Maybelline claims that this is a 3 in 1 product, packed with high colour pay-off, moisturizes and has a glossy finish. I have to say that Maybelline's claims are spot-on with this product! It has a beautiful finish and the pigmentation is amazing! It is a beautiful warm-toned, dark vamp-y plummy colour that is great for people with a warm undertone such as myself! It is also very moisturizing on the lips and leaves a beautiful stain on my lips that didn't stray too far from the initial color. This product was definitely a win for me! I really don't have anything bad to say about it, the packaging is very sleek and it has a doe foot applicator as most lipsticks do as of late, so I have proper control upon application. It can feel a bit too wet upon application as it has a bit of a gloss feel to it, but despite that I still absolutely love this product! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone! 




Price : RM29.61
Where to get it : Local pharmacy



3. Australis Velourlips Matte Lip Cream

I've only heard of this brand once or twice and this was a present from a friend who was studying in Melbourne so I'm sorry that I can't provide certain information such as the price and where you can get your hands on this. First off, this product does finish matte as promised. Secondly, the applicator is amazing and it smells good, reminded of those Grape Sugus. (if you don't know what that is, that's a brand of candy we have here in Malaysia) It also stains your lips really well so you don't have to worry about touching up. However, I have very dry lips and this tends to dry out my lips and honestly, the color does not really suit my skin tone as it is a blue toned purple and I look washed out whenever I wear this. However, I do imagine this would be great on someone with a cool undertone. Besides that, I think this would be great for Halloween or on those days I want to look really in-trend with this super chic colour! From the lips swatches you can probably see that it is not that opaque after one swatch so I suggest that you layer it up. 



My favorite product in terms of texture would have to be the Wet & Wild Megalast lipstick, because even though you need to drag the lipstick when applying, it is really quite comfortable to wear. However, in terms of  formula and pigmentation, I'd choose the Maybelline Lip Polish because of the beautiful glossy finish even though it can get sort of gloopy, so I'd recommend minimal to no layering of this product. The Velour Lips is drying and sticky, though that helps in staying power, I'd recommend using lip balm before and after application to help make it more comfortable. 



4 comments:

  1. Your skin looks great! Thanks for the swatches!
    Anjna Harish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always liked purple lipstick but I'm not adventurous enough to wear one. That Australis Lip Cream shade is so pretty!

    www.thethinkerbelle.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Try with a subtle purple lip balm or lip gloss first. From my personal experience, wearing a glossy purple lip is less intimidating than a full on matte lipstick! xx

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a comment on Urban Hippie KL