Beauty. Fashion. Lifestyle

Hello my beautiful readers, I have been nominated for a Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given and created by bloggers where you ...

I've been nominated for a Liebster Award!


Hello my beautiful readers, I have been nominated for a Liebster Award. The Liebster Award is given and created by bloggers where you nominate other bloggers to answer questions that you set for them, which is a good way for bloggers to network as well as a great way for readers to discover new blogs. I'm so touched that I was nominated by Anjna Harish, a beauty blogger from the UK, here's a link to her blog, go check her out. 

Rules : 
You must answer all questions that are given to you
Must link back to the person that nominated you
Nominate 11 bloggers who have less than 200 followers
Provide nominees with 11 questions of your choice
Cannot nominate the person who nominated you
Must inform nominees of your nomination
Provide nominees with a link to your post for more info

Here is the list of questions Anjna wanted me to answer :)

1) What is your favourite perfume?
// Well my current favorite is Fame by Lady Gaga. But... I don't know I've never been a perfume lover, but lately, I've discovered a new love for scents. I've been buying loads of candles and anything that can trigger my keen olfactory senses. So, for all you know, my favorite could change pretty soon. Watch this space!

2) What inspires you to write your blog?
// Wow, this is a tough one, basically, I will re-instate what was written on my first ever blog post, which is that I love writing, always have and always will. I likened writing to be a safe medium for me to express myself and my thoughts out into the world. And because I also love anything beauty related. I thought why not put the two love of my life together and produce something that I can actually call my own. To be honest, I never thought of this, until my fiance the darling that he is suggested that I should do it. So yeah, thanks to him, here I am! 

// My continuous inspiration includes my fiance, he always wants me to be the best version of myself and I feel like I am at my best self when I write. Among other inspiration for me to write are you, my readers. (cheesy, I know) Last but not least, my new found passion for makeup. Ever since I discovered YouTube makeup tutorials thanks to my best friend Nicole, I've been obsessed with product reviews, makeup tutorials and the whole shebang. My favorite bloggers/vloggers/makeup guru/makeup artist includes Lisa Eldridge, Viviannadoesmakeup, Lily Pebbles and so much more! These beautiful ladies, not only inspires me to keep doing what I'm doing they also make me realize that you gotta take the leap, you gotta do what you love and thanks to the readers much like yourself, all this have been made possible. The internet is a big and scary place, but these vloggers/bloggers that I watch on a daily basis, makes me realize that putting yourself out there on the internet is not as intimidating as I thought it would be. Plus, it's just pure fun! 

3) If you could have any job what would it be?
// Astronaut, just kidding. I don't know. I've never decided on a career my whole life. I've changed my idea of an ideal job countless of times in my life. I wanted to be a CSI investigator at one point, this was when CSI Miami was a complete hit. So, as I grew older, I've settled for the thought of a career in Psychology. Mainly because I'm intrigued by the human behavior and its connection to the brain. But now, I'm also warming up to the idea of being a full time blogger. Or not, I don't know. All I know is that wherever I 'll be and whatever I finally decide to do, you'll always see me smiling doing it. 

4) What is your Favourite food?
// Oh god, I love Nasi Lemak. If you're not from Malaysia please Google Nasi Lemak, but be warned it's super spicy and not for the faint hearted. and oh Japanese food. A chicken shawarma here and there wouldn't hurt too! 

5) Who is your favourite Blogger/Youtuber?
// Ahh.... well let me think,
// Vlogs, Itsjudyslife, Lily Pebbles, Viviannadosemakeup. 
// For fashion or hauls, Fleur De Force, Lily Pebbles, Zoella.  
// For product reviews, Emilynoel, Eleventh gorgeous, Lisa Eldridge and Tati.
// Hair tutorials, Luxy Hair, I Covet Thee.
// DIY videos Belinda Selene, Jenna Templeton;  Trust me there's more where this came from! 

6) Best tip or trick?
// A tip that I love is to always blend blend blend everything you put on your face. It just makes everything looks more professional. A good makeup look is one that looks seamless for example, a blush application should look like you're blushing naturally from the inside. So that means no harsh lines. No round clown like blusher application. 

// A trick that I've learned from watching tutorials from the likes of Lisa Eldridge and countless of makeup artists is pin point concealing to achieve almost flawless looking face. Use the tiniest brush that you have on hand, such as the Sigma F68 or I use a tiny brush that was supposed to be used as an eyeliner brush, it's great because it has stiff bristles and just use a stipple motion to press the concealer on your spots or any tiny imperfections you want to conceal. It sounds like it's not that much of a big deal, but I find that when I do this, the tiniest marks disappear (at least on camera if not in real life) and it makes my makeup looks expensive and luxurious because my skin looks almost flawless. It almost looks like I've used the most expensive foundation product on my face. Lisa Eldridge calls this her photo shopping trick. Because the effect it gives makes your skin looks almost photoshop-ed. So go ahead and try it!

7) Tea or Coffee?
// That's a tough one. Coffee. Especially one with hazelnut infused in it.

8) Who is your role model?
// I used to be so inspired by Oprah cause she has an amazing way of captivating her audience and she makes any topic interesting really. 

9) What is the product you have repurchased the most?
// It would probably be The Body Shop's Body Butter in Strawberry, it smells so good. 

10) If you could have straight or curly hair for the rest of your life which would it be?
// Curly hair. Because I have really straight and stubborn hair with little to no volume. It's really hard to style or do anything with it, a curly hair would give my hair more character without me doing anything to it! This is perfect for a lazy girl like me. 

11) What can't you live without? 
// People that I love, my phone, Youtube and my books. 

I'm nominating, drum rolls please....Tag, and you're it!

Please answer the following questions my fellow bloggers :
1. Who is your favorite bloggers/vloggers?
2. What is your current favorite read?
3. Do you love matte or dewy finishes?
4. Favorite lazy day outfit?
5. Your idea of a perfect day would be?
6.  If your life had a soundtrack, what would it be like? Name certain artists/ bands that would be perfect for it.
7. Why did you start blogging?
8. Current favorite album?
9. Tip or tricks for the perfect hair styles for summer?
10. Favorite lip product? 
11. Your skin care routine includes.... 

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for doing this :) I loved your answers :) I liked how you paid tribute to the people who inspire you and gave them credit which makes you a really nice person in my books anyway :)
    btw I'm actually going into my second year psychology degree and it's awesome :)
    anjnaharish-thoughtsofagirl.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the nomination Lany! I'll answer your questions as soon as I can! <3
    Becki at www.beautyandthebrunette.co.uk
    xxx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time out to leave a comment on Urban Hippie KL